Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Faces

Faces
I got into this thing of portraits when I was at JoAnn's crafts and was needing an inexpensive, personal gift for Christmas.  The inspiration for these paintings are from Jules Burt, an artist I met at an art show in Tampa, FL back in High School (2001-2002 probably), and from the artwork in the movie Great Expectations, in which the eyes on the portraits were way over emphasized.  Add a splash of my -ness and a heart felt, individually special quote between us and VOULA!  -Ness Portraits by Megan was created...  




"So, I hope you see that I would love you."

Me.

We all know I love to love... animals, people, hobbies....I just love, love!  So obviously, the Beatles quote was a great fit.



"I dream in color."

Christina.

She is a true artist and I love how she is never afraid to wear, display and exude color.  She truly brightens up days, even if she is having a bad day herself.



"I'm looking for love.  Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."

Niki.

She always believes in love.  No matter how many times she gets hurt, she is willing to be completely immersed in love and not afraid to take a risk....I absolutely admire her for it.




"Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, with open arms and open eyes."

Blair.

She is never afraid to live her life for today.  She picked up and moved across the country numerous times because she wanted to.  She is completely fearless and open to all new experiences.  I truly admire her for that...and am a bit jealous, not going to lie.

 

"Better Together."

Pri and Chris Walker




She is a princess and he is a songbird.  It just works.  I was the maid of honor at their wedding and feel so blessed that have had he honor in experiencing the relationship from the beginning.  I have been able to be there as each new chapter happens....  They are the real thing and a true inspiration.  A reason to believe in love.




"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, sinners are much more fun."

Kristen

We love Billy Joel and are firm believers in this quote.  






"I carry your heart.  I carry it in my heart."

Danielle.


She was my heart sister in my sorority and my first love.  My only one.  The necklace is the same one we both have, from a summer we worked together, lived together and played together.  She was my little sister in pi phi and a true angel.


I have been on hiatus for a little, but even if my friends dont love these, it was a really inexpensive way to show them you love them.  and really easy :)

Just create.

No comments:

Post a Comment