Mahi Mahi with zesty basil sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus additional for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus additional for seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) mahi mahi fillets
**Now this is a side note on how to easily finely chop garlic...
Peel the garlic clove and lay it on a cutting board.
Turn your knife to the side (use a larger kitchen knife)
Carefully apply pressure with the side of the knife onto the clove, and flatten it.
After flattening the clove it will be much easier to finely chop the garlic!
and now back to our regularly scheduled program...
Combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and basil in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir until the butter melts.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 3 minutes then turn and cook until opaque in color (or around 3-4 minutes)
Garnish with fresh basil.
Ok I know you are thinking, what a fatty look at all that butter, but I can assure you there was very little butter used in comparison for me trying to "guesstimate" the amount of lemon used...take it from me, MEASURE THE LEMON if you measure any ingredient. It unfortunately overshadowed the other flavors used...but the fish was great :)