Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chandeliers Craze


The Challenge


I have realized that I'm completely obsessed with damask patterns and chandeliers. I have been searching for something for my walls in either or that wont cost me a fortune.

Hmm enter financial issue.


Apparently it is the new cool thing is this simple elegance design I am going for, so it is EVERYWHERE but wicked expensive.

In true "me" form I thought, "well heck, I bet I can make what I am thinking of," and that's where my new chandelier painting comes into play. A good idea in theory, but a lot more...meticulous than I bargained for! I am extremely Type A so this calming art project has become a tangible anxiety attack. The beauty of the paintings I have done already is the extreme ease in which they were made. Lines could be anywhere, colors could overlap a bit...but with this damn painting, everything on both sides has to be the same and very detailed and BLEH! My idea for the end of it will be to put some crystals or sparkles on it...to spice it up a bit. I LOVE the desert turquoise I am using as the background. I still have no idea where I am going to put it in my room.

I have decided to do a series of these chandelier paintings, though the next ones will be substantially smaller than this 36x36 size.



Current State of Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment