Monday, April 12, 2010

Made with Love...

Pesto Pizza



STEP 1
Start with Pillsbury thin crust Pizza dough.
Roll it out onto a cookie sheet.
To add flavor and make sure it doesn't burn, you can brush on some olive oil.
I chose to spread on a little bit (stress LITTLE bit) "I can't believe it's not butter," Mediterranean blend (it includes olive oil in it).
Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.





STEP 2
Take the dough out of the oven and spread on a generous portion of pesto.
The kind I like is Buitoni pesto because they offer a reduced fat one.




STEP 3
Sprinkle on a little mozzarella all over.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add fresh sliced mozzarella. I was lazy and bought a kind that was already pre-sliced.

Usually at this point, I slice up 3 "on the vine" tomatoes and place them on top of the mozzarella slices. Since it will take us a couple days to eat it, I'm not going to because the look of tomatoes that are older than a day gross me out.
Tomato pesto pizza only comes out at parties when I know it will be eaten right away :)



STEP 4
Bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees, take out of the oven and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment