Saturday, July 16, 2011

True Blue

So recently when I was down in South Beach visiting the beautiful Loews Miami, I visited the store of Romero Britto and fell in love with the bright colors and bold outlines of seemingly typical items.  

Now I would NEVER talk down about any artist, but it is just in my nature to se something and think, "I can do that."  Considering I do not have the dollar dollar bills for an actual Britto masterpiece, I figured I might as well try it.  I do try and make the pictures my own, but this is the one I chose for my main inspiration.




Since I love the ocean the mostest in the world and the color blue, I decided to make it my own by choosing bold shades of blue and incorporating the ocean...

 This is the Skeleton.  
I think my drawing skills are starting to shape up (totally being sarcastic, a 5 year old could draw this).



The guts.
It makes my skin crawl to see things not in perfect lines (type A SHUT UP!)



Finished product
(I feel at ease, now that this painting has epidermis to it).


I think I will actually duplicate this as a larger one, so I can put it as the new painting over my bed in my new apartment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment