Friday, March 1, 2013

"It's a boy!"

My oldest buddy in the world, Adam, is having his first baby!  Thank goodness it is a boy, so it restrains me a bit, when it comes to clothes & accessories while also forcing me to be creative with my gifts.  After checking out the registry at Target, I was really into the bedding that Samantha and Adam picked out for little James Joseph.  A deep navy with chevron pattern and a dog silhouette (quite similar to the "pink" dog from Victoria's Secret).  If you know me, you know I am VERY weird about making paintings for people, because I don't want anyone to feel like that are forced to put it up or pretend to like it.  Since my parents were planning on buying the Orris' the bedding I was so keen on, I figured doing an extra little painting would be a fun, custom touch, and if they didn't like it, at least they still liked the bedding!


Adam and I when we babies!  This is before I started beating the crap out of him.  He is 6'1 now...and has not forgotten.




Such a fashionable and clever crib set!  This is not a pattern I would normally chose, but not I'm obsessed with it!  


Obsessed with Chevron and the fact I now considered it more than the name of a gas station.

 Finished product!

Can you tell I'm trying to be better about not being SOOO Anal about perfection with the paintings.  A chevron pattern was probably not the best choice to be "a free artistic spirit," with.


No comments:

Post a Comment